Wednesday, June 20, 2007

answers to questions

well, a while back liz "interviewed" me by asking me some questions about myself. here are my answers to her questions:

1) When did you first know you wanted to be a dancer?
honestly, i've wanted to be a dancer ever since i can remember. my mom was a dancer and was pregnant with me while she was still teaching dance. i think that might have had an effect on me! i started taking classes at an early age and as i got older it became less and less of a hobby and more about a way of life......a way of moving and feeling.

2)What's the best vacation you've ever been on?
it was my trip with my sister and brother-in-law to haifa, israel for baha'i pilgrimage. it was my first taste of being overseas and it felt like i was coming home. i absolutely loved it and it was a blessing that i could share this experience with my family. there are so many other places i would love to visit......

3) What is the biggest sacrifice you've ever had to make?
i don't know if i would call it a sacrifice, but i would have to say it was moving back to chicago from california when my step-mom got sick. i knew it was something that i had to do. i've realized that the older i get the harder it is to just pick up and move to a new place (even if that new place used to be your home!). as difficult a transition as it was, i don't regret a single decision made.

4)What's your favorite Broadway show?
i would have to say it's a 3 way tie between Rent, Chicago and the 25th Annual Putnum County Spelling Bee.

5) What's your favorite restaurant in Chicago-land?
now this question is too difficult....i think i'll break it down by type of cuisine :-)
pizza - giordano's stuffed spinach and mushroom
italiano - maggiano's
american eclectic - lucky platter (evanston goldmine)
indian - any place on devon ave.
cheapest and really good middle eastern food - pita inn
japanese - mitsuwa marketplace

really, folks.....i could go on forever.


2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

I miss restaurants on Devon sooo much. I loved these answers. I'd come by and read them before but hadn't gotten around to commenting. #3 is resonating with me because I think about my parents and Elarryo's mom and I wonder if one day we will have to make that same decision about leaving California.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Vijay said...

What about Renga-tei's(Red bean paste dessert)? Man-O'-man, thats to die for.

Basha's is few blocks east on the other side of Pita inn, on Dempster. Their food is cheap, and the owner George is cool, laidback.(Check it out if you wish).

Indian . . . Now we're talking. ;-) What kind of food are you talking about?

Italian.... there is a restaurant who cook GLUTEN-FREE italian somewhere in the City, they are authentic Italian. All the sauces are to die for. The owner's kids became allergic, so they started this recipe.

We need to have more discussions, if you are interested. mmMMMmm... Food.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home